Apple simply launched iOS 14 public beta 7 for iPhone lately, Thursday, Sept. 3, and contours new darkish mode wallpaper choices. Choose from any of the rainbow wallpaper’s colour backgrounds, and iOS will routinely shift the background to black whilst you allow darkish mode.
You must know, those new wallpapers substitute the usual colour choices, this means that you will not see the colour to your rainbow wallpaper with darkish mode enabled. That stated, this can be a beta, so Apple may simply trade issues up as trying out continues.
You’ll additionally see a metamorphosis when it comes to your App Library’s classes. Now, apps are taken care of into Arcade, Creativity, Education, Entertainment, Games, Health & Fitness, Information & Reading, Other, Productivity & Finance, Shopping & Food, Social, Travel, and Utilities.
As for trojan horse fixes chances are you’ll realize coming from beta 6, here is what we now have discovered:
- The overlay that looks when connecting AirPods now presentations the proper data
- Your signature in Mail is not duplicated should you shut a draft and reopen it.
- On iPadOS, the Weather widget not swiftly has Always location get right of entry to.
The replace comes 9 days after Apple launched iOS 14 beta 6 to builders and public testers.
iOS 14 Beta 7 Full Release Notes
You can view the total unlock notes for iOS 14 beta 7 under:
iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta 7 Release Notes
The iOS & iPadOS 14 SDK supplies reinforce to broaden apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod contact units working iOS & iPadOS 14. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 12 beta 6, to be had from Beta Software Downloads. For data at the compatibility necessities for Xcode 12 beta 6, see Xcode 12 Beta 6 Release Notes.
General: Known Issues
Important – Updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 beta from earlier variations of iOS & iPadOS may take considerably longer than anticipated. Data loss may happen if the replace is interrupted. (59101197)
- macOS Big Sur 11 beta or Xcode 12 beta could be required to sync or replace units working iOS & iPadOS 14 beta.
Apple Security Bounty
- iOS & iPadOS 14 beta 7 is designated as qualifying for the 50% Apple Security Bounty bonus cost for problems which can be unknown to Apple or reintroduced on this unlock. See Apple Security Bounty for additional info.
App Store: Known Issues
Core Haptics: Known Issues
Fonts: Known Issues
- Beginning in iOS & iPadOS 14 beta, fonts put in the use of configuration profiles are best to be had to apps supporting the font APIs and entitlements offered in iOS & iPadOS 13. If your app supplies a customized font-selection interface, it could not get right of entry to fonts put in by way of configuration profiles. For reference, see the WWDC 2019 Session Font Management and Text Scaling (55317428)
Home Screen: Known Issues
- Spotlight may no longer seem as anticipated. (64121178) Workaround: Restart your software.
- The signature is not duplicated should you shut a draft and reopen it. (66843208)
Maps: Known Issues
- After updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 beta 2 or later, person information, reminiscent of Favorites, Collections, and Recents not syncs with units working previous variations of iOS & iPadOS. (65005848)
Safari and WebKit: Resolved
SwiftUI: Known Issues
- The main navigation bar, trailing navigation bar, and the ground bar format main to trailing. automated toolbar pieces not overflows to the ground bar by way of default. Use ToolbarItemGroup with a placement of bottomBar to position pieces within the backside bar. (66790502)
- Children of multi-column navigationViewStyle(__:) perspectives now have the proper default kinds and setting on iOS & iPadOS:
- Multi-column navigationViewStyle(__:) perspectives that designate just a unmarried subview, and so get an empty placeholder view, may not get the brand new habits. Specify an particular placeholder view to choose in to the brand new habits.
- Multi-column navigationViewStyle(__:) perspectives that use a unmarried ForEach and every to generate columns may not get the brand new habits. Unroll the ForEach and every to choose in to the brand new habits. (62699768)
Third-Party Apps: Known Issues
- Apps the use of JSONKit may hand over swiftly on release. Some forks of JSONKit hardcode non-public, pointer-representation main points, that are topic to trade. (60290929) Workaround: Use NSJSONSerialization as an alternative.
- fstab has been got rid of. You can not use Filesystem contents out of doors of an app’s sandbox for validation. (61098152)
- Apps the use of the NativeScript framework may hand over swiftly on release. NativeScript plays an unsafe operation to decide if an arbitrary pointer is an Objective-C object pointer. You can quickly unravel this factor by way of the use of object__getClass(__:) as an alternative of studying the isa without delay; on the other hand, replace this code to steer clear of checking whether or not arbitrary tips are Objective-C object tips. (62913064)
Wallet: Known Issues
- isPassLibraryTo be had() does not be sure that uniform availability of go library capability between platforms and units. (60697880) Workaround: Call a extra explicit API to take a look at to be had capability, reminiscent of canAddPasses().
Widgets – Known Issues
- When the mum or dad app of a widget has been granted Selected Photos get right of entry to, an alert may seem each and every time the widget runs. (66398732) Workaround: Add PHPhotoLibrarySave youAutomaticLimitedAccessAlert = YES to the Info.plist of the widget extension.
- All widgets will have to be rebuilt the use of the iOS & iPadOS 14 beta four SDK or later, and may not run on earlier variations of iOS & iPadOS 14 beta. (65290210)
- Some widgets may disappear out of your Home Screen after updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 beta 2 or later. (64823469) Workaround: Add the lacking widgets again to your Home Screen.
- You cannot resize an present widget. (63500799) Workaround: Remove the widget and re-add it on the desired measurement.
- You may want to reconfigure your widgets after updating to iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta Three or later. (65485709)
- The Weather widget may seem clean after updating to iOS 14 beta 6 or later. (66782070) Workaround: Tap the widget to open the Weather app, then go back to the widget at the Home display screen.
- On iPadOS, the Weather widget not swiftly has Always location get right of entry to. (66922805)
The Weather widget is now ready to decide your location. (66929312)
How to Update Your iPhone to the Latest Beta
To replace your iPhone to iOS 14 public beta 7, enroll thru Apple’s beta website, obtain and set up the configuration profile, then replace over the air. If you have already got the profile, cross to Settings –> General –> Software Update to start the set up of the newest beta construct, or you’ll wait till it installs routinely if “Automatic Updates” is enabled.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get an entire life subscription to VPN Unlimited for your entire units with a one-time acquire from the brand new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix with out regional restrictions.
Buy Now (80% off) >