Dreidel Marshmallow Pops:
dreidel Marshmallow Pops are colorful and festive treats good for a Chanukah social gathering! Dreidel pops are made by sticking a Hershey’s kiss to the underside of a marshmallow, then piercing the highest of the marshmallow with a pretzel stick to give it the form of a spinning high. After making the essential type of the dreidel pops, you possibly can embellish them by coating them in blue sweet melts, then including them on the Hebrew letters so that they seem like actual dreidels! Because marshmallow dreidel pops require minimal cooking and are simple to assemble, they’re the right exercise to do with a toddler to train them extra about Chanukah and the sport of dreidel!
- 12 massive marshmallows
- 12 skinny pretzel sticks
- 12 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 bundle of blue sweet melts
- 1 bar of white chocolate
Making the Base of the Marshmallow Dreidels:
- Stick pretzels into the marshmallows. To start making the marshmallow dreidels, take considered one of your skinny pretzel sticks and stick it into the flat facet of a marshmallow, urgent it into the marshmallow till it’s about ¾ of the way in which by way of the marshmallow. Make positive that it’s pressed far into the marshmallow, however doesn’t absolutely pierce by way of it.
- Use quick, skinny pretzel sticks as opposed to massive, thick ones.
- Melt a sq. of white chocolate. Break off one sq. of white chocolate from the bar, then place the sq. in a microwaveable bowl and microwave it for 20 seconds or till melted.
- Dip a Hershey’s kiss within the white chocolate. Unwrap a Hershey’s kiss, then dip the underside within the white chocolate. Only use sufficient chocolate to coat the underside of the kiss.
- The white chocolate will act as a sort of edible glue that may stick the Hershey’s kiss to the marshmallow.
- Attach the Hershey’s kiss to the marshmallow. After you dip the underside of the Hershey’s kiss within the chocolate, press the sticky facet of the Hershey’s kiss into the underside of a marshmallow, the flat facet reverse from the facet with the pretzel. Press the Hershey’s kiss in opposition to the marshmallow for round 15-20 seconds to assist it stick in place.
- Repeat the method of dipping the Hershey’s kisses within the chocolate, then sticking them to the underside of the marshmallows.
- Freeze the dreidels for quarter-hour. After you might have completed sticking the kisses to the marshmallows, place the dreidels on a plate or a baking sheet and put them within the freezer for quarter-hour. Freezing the dreidel pops will assist them set in order that the Hershey’s kisses keep caught to the underside of the marshmallows.
Making the Hebrew Letters:
- Melt the remainder of the white chocolate. While the dreidels are within the freezer, you can also make the Hebrew letters that adorn the skin of the dreidels. To begin making the letters, break the remaining bar of chocolate into squares, then place the squares in a bowl.
- Microwave the white chocolate in 20-second spurts, taking out the chocolate and stirring it in between every microwave session. Stop microwaving when the chocolate is melted, as over-microwaving may cause the chocolate to scald.
- Pour the chocolate right into a plastic bag. Wait till the chocolate is round room temperature, then pour it right into a plastic sandwich bag. You could have to scrape the bowl to get out all of the chocolate. After all of the chocolate is within the bag, snip off one of many backside corners, making a small lower.
- Cut off solely a tiny nook in order that the bag can perform as a sort of frosting piper.
- If you might have a frosting piper, you may also merely pour the chocolate within the piper bag.
- Pipe the Hebrew letters on wax paper. Spread a bit of wax paper on a counter or tabletop. Hold the bag of melted chocolate in each of your arms, then slowly squeeze the bag till the white chocolate begins to come out of the snipped nook in a skinny line.
- Pipe out every of the 4 Hebrew letters which can be discovered on a dreidel: Nun, Gimel, Hey, and Shin. Refer to different dreidels you might have at house or photos of dreidels on-line in case you are uncertain of what these letters seem like.
- Make 12 units of the 4 Hebrew letters. You will finally stick one set on every of the 12 marshmallow dreidel pops you make.
- Nun and Gimel are similar-looking letters, so make certain to add the heel of the Gimel, which differentiates it from the extra rounded Nun.
- Place the chocolate letters within the freezer. After you end making all 12 units of letters, put the wax sheet of letters within the freezer when you work on the dreidels. Freezing them will assist the letters to harden.
Decorating the Marshmallow Dreidels::
- Melt the sweet melts. Open the bundle of sweet melts and pour them right into a microwaveable bowl. Then microwave them for 1 minute on 50% energy. Take the sweet melts out from the microwave and stir for about 10 seconds. Then microwave them for 30 seconds on 50% energy and stir. Microwave them yet one more time for 30 seconds on 50% energy. Stir the sweet melts for 1-2 minutes till they’re utterly melted.
- You can even soften sweet melts in a double boiler. Place an inch (2.54 cm) of water within the backside of a double boiler, then place the sweet melts within the high of the boiler. Place the double boiler on medium warmth. Stir the sweet melts constantly till they’ve utterly melted.
- Add vegetable shortening if crucial. Candy melts usually soften into an especially thick combination, so thick that if you happen to dipped a spoon into it, the sweet soften combination would glob onto the spoon as an alternative of drip off. If your combination is extraordinarily thick and exhausting to stir, add a tablespoon (14.7 ml) of vegetable shortening and stir till the shortening is built-in and the sweet soften combination is clean.
- Ideally, if you happen to dip a spoon within the sweet soften combination, you need the combination to stick to the spoon and slowly drip off.
- If your sweet soften combination is already the best consistency, you don’t want to add the vegetable shortening.
- Dip the marshmallow dreidels within the sweet soften combination. Lay down a bit of wax paper on the counter subsequent to the bowl of sweet soften combination. Take the dreidels out of the freezer and one after the other, then dip every dreidel into the blue sweet soften.
- Hold the dreidel by the pretzel deal with and dunk it in in order that your entire marshmallow and Hershey’s kiss base is submerged.
- After you dunk the dreidel , take the dreidel out and maintain it above the bowl, letting any extra sweet soften drip off. Then lay the dreidel down on its facet on the sheet of wax paper. Repeat till every dreidel is coated within the blue sweet soften!
- Reserve the surplus sweet soften.
- Let the sweet soften set on the dreidels. Set apart the dreidels for about half-hour to let the blue sweet soften set on the skin of the dreidels. If you need to velocity up the method, stick the dreidels within the freezer for about quarter-hour.
- Scrape up the chocolate Hebrew letters. While the sweet soften units on the dreidels, take the sheet of chocolate Hebrew letters out of the freezer. Carefully peel the letters from the wax paper together with your fingers, or use a knife as a spatula to unstick the letters from the wax paper.
- Take your time unsticking the letters, as they’re fairly delicate and might simply break.
- Attach the Hebrew letters to the dreidels. Once you might have scraped up the Hebrew letters and the sweet soften has set on the dreidels, use a toothpick to switch some extra sweet soften to the again of a Hebrew letter. Then stick the letter on one face of the marshmallow dreidel pop.
- Stick the following three letters on the remaining three sides of the dreidel, then fastidiously set the dreidel on one facet and let the letters set.
- Repeat till all of the dreidels have Hebrew letters on either side.
- Let the dreidels sit for about half an hour in order that the letters can set. Then the dreidel pops needs to be prepared to eat!
- You can go away off the step of making and including the Hebrew letters if you want, the marshmallow pop will nonetheless seem like a dreidel!
- Learn the sport of dreidel and play together with your dreidel marshmallow pops!