Between them ongoing battle with British tabloids, couple lawyer Michael Kump filed a complaint with the state of California for their right to privacy, according to documents obtained by IS! news. Presumably, an unknown photographer “shopping photographer for their 14-month-old son, Archie”. The duke and duchess ask for damages and punitive damages, as well as photography rights.
“[Meghan and Harry] at the moment it is not known who broke the law to take these photographs of his son, or who is now trying to sell them to the media, “said the lawyer, although they plan to seek permission from the court to” find out ” their identities through quotes.
Although the photographer in question claimed that the photos were taken during a public family trip to Malibu, Kump replied that “Archie has not been in public, let alone in Malibu, since the family came here. From a description of the photographs it is clear that I discovered that activities had been carried out in the backyard without the knowledge [Meghan and Harry]”.
Kump gave another declaration a IS! news regarding the couple’s right to privacy. “No drone, helicopter or telephoto lens can take that right away,” he said. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are filing this lawsuit to protect their young son’s right to privacy without photographers intrusion, and to discover and stop those seeking to profit from these illegal actions.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are also in the middle of one legal battle against the British tabloid Sunday mail for publishing a private letter sent to his father, Thomas Markle, after the royal wedding in 2018.
“My deepest fear is history repeating itself,” Prince Harry said in the statement in 2019. “I saw what happens when someone I love is commercialized to the point where they are no longer treated or seen as a real person. I lost my mother and now I watch my wife fall victim to the same powerful forces.”