Here is a list of facts by Dr. Cassie Irwin about men’s health:
- 72% of men would prefer to clean the bathroom rather than go to the doctor, according to a 2019 men’s health survey.
- Two thirds of men avoid going to the doctor for as long as possible.
- Men may feel compelled to remain strong and avoid the vulnerability of asking for help, a concept that psychology researchers have identified as contributing to avoiding health care.
- A nutritious diet and healthy lifestyle practices are fundamental prescriptions of naturopathic doctors and are essential to reduce the risk factors of preventable chronic diseases, including cardiorespiratory diseases, diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Cardiovascular events, such as heart attack, account for 40 percent of male deaths in industrialized countries.
- Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer among men.
- Naturopathic doctors can prescribe evidence-based treatments to reduce the risk of prostate cancer, as well as to manage prostate enlargement, erectile dysfunction and infertility.
This is an exclusive web for the article “The control of men’s health” from the June 2020 issue of the alive magazine.