To update your Mac to MacOS Big Sur (version 11), you can follow these steps:
- Backup your data: Before updating your Mac, it's a good idea to backup your data, just in case something goes wrong during the process.
- Check compatibility: Make sure that your Mac is compatible with MacOS Big Sur by checking the list of supported Mac models.
- Check for updates: Go to the Apple menu and select "System Preferences." Then click on "Software Update." Your Mac will check for available updates and let you know if MacOS Big Sur is available for your device.
- Download and install: If MacOS Big Sur is available, click on the "Update Now" button to download and install the update. This process may take a while, so make sure your Mac is connected to a power source and that you don't turn it off.
- Follow on-screen instructions: During the installation process, your Mac may restart several times and show you on-screen instructions. Follow these instructions to complete the installation.